Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Coffee Quotes February 11, 2014: Fight Club Wisdom



Original painting by Anne LaClair, taken from Facebook. 

"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."

Brad Pitt in Fight Club.

Between all the baby photos, cat videos and motivational quotes on Facebook this morning, this painting by Anne LaClair is what spoke to me the most. 

I'm doing my best not to wallow, not to feel sorry for myself. After all, I made all the decisions that put me here - except for the broken ankle. That one was an accident. 

But now that it has all fallen apart, this quote is exactly what I needed to hold on to today. 

Having lost everything that made up my everyday life, both personally and financially, I am very attracted to the idea, whether it's true or not, that now is the time that I am finally free to do anything. 

This is the stomach-churning scene with Brad Pitt and Edward Norton. 





1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessie - this is Anne LaClair.

    Just read your commentary and I'm happy you found a bit of peace or clarity from my art but ultimately, that quote.

    I hope you keep taking joy from the fact that the beginning is always near. :)

    ReplyDelete